VISA Information
VISITING CHINA is an experience of a lifetime. From isolated mountain tops to bustling cities, there is an abundant diversity of places to see. Planning for your trip is important not only to organize your itinerary, but also to ensure that you have the required travel documentation to enter the country, such as a valid passport and VISA.

For U.S. citizens, a valid passport is required to travel to China. The passport must be valid for at least siz months and have one blank page for the VISA. If you do not have a passport or need to renew your passport, visit the U.S. Department of State website for details.


U.S. -- A VISA is required for U.S. citizens entering China. According to the U.S. Department of State, "A U.S. citizen arriving without a valid passport and the appropriate Chinese VISA will not be permitted to enter China and will be subject to a fine and immediate deportation at the traveler's expense." The typ of VISA required depends on the purpose of your visit. There are various types of VISAs including business, tourist, student, among others. You must also choose the number of entries you will make into the country: single entry, double entry, or multiple entries. Select the appropriate VISA for your travel purposes.

Singapore/Brunai/Japan -- A citizen of Singapore, Brunei or Japan with an ordinary passport is exempted from a visa if he or she visits China's mainland for tourism, business, or meeting with friends or relatives, and if he or she enters China through ports open to foreigners, and stays for no more than 15 days. However, a visa is required for citizen of these three countries under any of the following circumstances: (1) An ordinary passport holder visits China for tourism, business, or meeting with friends or relatives, and stays for more than 15 days; (2) An ordinary passport holder visits China for the purpose of study, work, permanent residency, official visits or news coverage; (3) A Japanese citizen travels with a diplomatic or official passport. Information found:

VISA Requirements
Over the past several years the obtaining of a VISA has become more complex requiring more attention, energy and time. Additionally, embassies have different requirements. Some may request:
• A letter from China Electromechanical Society (CES) verifying intentions of conference participant
• Confirmation that the paper was accepted
• A receipt that conference fees have been paid in full
• Appearance or interview by conference participant
As a result of these requirements by some embassies, CES encourages attendees to apply no later than 3 (three) months prior to the conference.
Letters of "invitation" will be issued to:
• Keynote speakers, presenters, panelists
• Any organizing committee member
• People professionally or personally known by a committee member
• Conference participant who has paid their registration fee
To request a VISA letter please provide the following information:
(1) Full name as it appears on the picture page of your passport
(2) Passport number
(3) Country of issue
(4) Date of issue and by whom, department or government agency name
(5) Place and address of employment and your title with the employer
(6) Date and place of birth
(7) Dates traveling (if known)
(8) Amount of fees paid by requestor
(9) Your intention as either a participant, presenter, committee member, speaker, panelist, etc.
Forward your requests to:
Quick Links
19 June 2016
The Venue/Accomodations page has been updated with the current hotel information.
24 May 2016
Registration fees can be seen here. Please join us at the 18th EML Symposium!
8 Aug 2015
We are excited to announce that the 18th EML Symposium will be held on 24-28 October 2016 in Wuhan, China.
10 July 2015
The Guest Editorial for the 17th EML can be found here.
7-11 July 2014
See images from the 17th EML special event held on the USNS Millinocket